UnRivaleD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I left

3 posters

Go down

Why I left Empty Why I left

Post by Bittersweet Fri May 01, 2009 7:06 am

-sigh- Yup; I thought about it a couple of times, and I decided to leave.

First issue: TT/HH.
It's NOT that there isn't any TT/HH being done, and there are enough people wanting to do TT/HH aswell. It's just the lack of persons wanting to setup a squad, not for the lack of people wanting to do TT/HH. Those people wait for a tank/cleric in-guild to come online instead of getting a cleric/tank from his/her friend list. 'But there isn't any tank/cleric on; nor guild or FL', there's always a world chat to be your friend. 'But I don't trust those people', then you wait for a cleric/tank to get online, and stop nagging other high lvl people for TT/HH while they're zhenning or something else. You can also ask someone in guild chat if he/she is able to get you a cleric/tank for TT. I see Thorin and Pinkerbell running off to do TT/HH almost every day; while the others are just hopping on the train. I mean; they want to lvl too. I tried to setup my own TT group; but I sort of failed /failcake. I can't do solo yet either.
I know having a TT/HH weapon is important. This may sound stupid, but there's always an auction house or a kitty shop selling the mats you need. Thorin is a barb; and (probably) has a gold hp charm equipped every time you see him. Gold charm costs alot; even with the charm packs being released. Same goes with Pinks; gold mp charm to heal her herc. This together costs alot, and they just do it for you like it's nothing. Every TT run burns alot of a charm; just track how many charms they've possibly burned in those TTs. Save their charms; time and lvls and try to setup a TT squad on your own.
Try to ask guildies for a TT run aswell if you're doing one. Most of the people only do TT/HH to profit themselves, to get themselves armor/weapon etc. Ofcourse I understand that you do it to profit yourself, but you can also do a few runs to profit the guild instead.

Second issue: activity of leader.
I have no idea when Alex came online; probably only during TW. Otherwise than that; I haven't seen him around for like.. 2 weeks? We need an active leader; and one who can help us organize stuff. So far; I've only seen stuff organized by Executors or just ordinary members. Marshals help out; I quote; they help out. Problem is; they don't organize anything. They say: 'If you want help ask for help', ofcourse, I agree. But it's the leader's job to organize; and set stuff straight. I didn't ask for help on purpose; just to look who offered to set up a squad and help out. So far, only Tritonne and Daphne came to me and asked me if I needed any help. Thorin, ofcourse, helped me out aswell without me asking to. Pinks is a sweety; but don't nag her head for TT 24/7; she wants to lvl aswell (I suppose). Frost even gave me my TT60 weapon for nothing, and I feel guilty for this. I'm trying to get another arbor together from the mats, and I'll return it to him.
**Edit: I've heard from mofo that Alex was quite much online. But I'm online for like 10-12h a day; and I don't see him which is quite weird towards me.

Third issue: help.
Helping isn't helping if you only say that you'll help. If you see someone asking for help on, let's say.. erm.. Chin. Don't go 'I'll help when you have a tank/cleric', but go and ask your friends (for example) if they can help out and heal/tank, setup a squad and ta-da. You have helped someone AND organized. But again, this is the job of the leader..
I usually wait for a boss that I need to get done if there's someone out there who needs it too. Otherwise I think it's a waste of time/charm. I've waited from lv 49 to 62 to get Luminoc; noone needed it as far as I knew; and I really wanted my 59 skills. That's the only time I actually asked help when I was the only one needing a boss, and the only time people came to me and organized a party for me instead. Usually I try to form a party; but this time I got offered help without me asking for it. Well; ofcourse I asked for help on Luminoc as I stated before; but that was 2/3 days before I got offered help. Thanks mofo for tanking Slither again, thanks to Daphne and Tritonne for helping out on both Luminoc and Slither. Thanks Pinkerbell for tanking my fb59, and Thorin for TT mats. Thanks Frost for tanking the last boss in fb59 unwined cause I got d/ced in my wined fb59 run (ouch).
Otherwise; I don't really complain about the lack of help.

Well.. I think that's it. I'll miss you guys; ofcourse. Just think about what I've said. I'm going back to Kingdom, just pm me if you need me for anything.

~~Lotsa luv; Bitters.
Bittersweet
Bittersweet

Back to top Go down

Why I left Empty Re: Why I left

Post by Alex Fri May 01, 2009 11:56 am

Very good post Bitter, and all valid points. It is in part why Legend quit, because of the lack of motivation from anyone to help anyone else unless they had something in it for themselves. I never wanted lead, but took it over because we made a commitement to our people when we made URD. Since i have been leader, i have not been able to grind a single second. All my time, and i mean -all- my time from the moment i log in to the moment i log off is spent dealing with bullshit.

People complaining about someone they had an argument with. Guild leaders who are complaining one of our members pk'd one of theres. Politics on who's going where with what land and when. Deals about who to unite with, who to be enemies with. People asking me constant questions about every aspect of the game. Peoples FB runs, HH runs, people getting pk'd and needing help. Pile it on and on. It seems no one takes much initiative and just waits for me to get online. Michael is extremely knowledgeable in the game. It's why i made him a marshall. He could answer many questions anyone has. Apollo has a good head on his shoulders. He can easily handle guild politics. But no one goes there and i have to do it all.

It's fine, but last 2 weeks honestly the game is not fun for me. I haven't been on much other then TW, and i log in a few hours here and there just to deal with whatever problems occured while i was offline. I've gone from lvl 80 to almost 83 now from strictly doing CS and WQ. I don't get to grind, period. I spend all my times in pm's or on a vent. Which is fine, i wasn't about to tell everyone to fuck off after legend stopped being leader. Theres just so-much to do, on a videogame, that when i can't even play it anymore i hardly want to get online to find out what the new drama is.

The game as the game is fun, the politics that go on behind it are not. Being a member in a guild allows you to just play the game. I know people get mad when they don't have help for what they want, but don't forget guild leadership might be dealing with bullshit that you'll never even know about so you can continue to play in peace.

Once this weeks TW defense is over, i'll talk to everyone about what's going on. Seriously no hard feelings for you leaving Bittersweet. This is a videogame, everyone needs to make sure they are having fun. If they're not, change whats causing you to not have fun.

Either way, After this weeks TW defense i'll talk to you guys and gals and tell you what we're doing. You'll all be very happy about it, trust me.

I apologize for not being online as much lately, but my unit buddies were back and i've spent a lot of time driving down to base to see the rat bastards. Even when i'm home i'm not treally motivated to get online as i know the bullshit that's waiting from 30 different people. Bitters completely right, a guild needs leadership, and i'm not motivated to do it in a videogame. Issue will be resolved soon mind you, so hold off on jumping ship ti'll TW is done.

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Saji Sun May 03, 2009 6:16 pm

yeah i didnt read half of all that .________________. bya bitter take care.
Saji
Saji

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum